Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It Begins......

So, basically, the reason I'm joining the blogging masses is to have all of my mixes in one place. People have been asking me for these, and every time, I have to send out emails with separate links. Then, sometimes days, weeks, even months later, people ask me for the links again, and I have to repeat the process. Hopefully, this blog will facilitate things.

Before I start posting music, I just want to say something about the forthcoming mixes: All of them were cooked up using the following ingredients:  

2 Technic Turntables
1 Rane Mixer
1 Laptop
Various milk crates of vinyl

That's it. No samplers. No effect machines. Just the bare essentials. Furthermore, all of these mixes were created in one take. It's just me spinning and recording for an extended period of time. The music contained within these mixes will most likely be hip-hop dominated, with sprinkles of funk, jazz, and soul to add more flavor. Also, as the weeks go on, I'll probably post links to my radio shows from my time at WNYU.....but, more on that when the time comes.  

I'll try to post frequently, but the site will probably be updated a few times a month.....hopefully. Stay tuned........

No comments:

Post a Comment